YouTube is undoubtedly the largest online video streaming platform. It is free to use, with all kinds of videos available on it. It can also be used as a great tool for educational purposes. However, since YouTube is free, creators might upload inappropriate content on it, which might be an issue to some.
Therefore, in this tutorial, you will find four methods to block adult videos on the YouTube app.
Method-1: Enable Restricted Mode in the YouTube App
Since this is the major issue, YouTube has already rolled out an option for blocking adult videos. So the first thing you can try is enable the restricted mode.
- Step-1: Launch the application on your Android phone. Then, tap on the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Step-2: Navigate to Settings and head to General options.
- Step-3: go to the bottom of the list and turn on the Restricted Mode option.
- Step-4: Finally, close the YouTube app, and when you open it again, all of the unsafe videos will be restricted.
Also Check: Best Free YouTube Alternatives
Method-2: Install YouTube Kids App on your Smartphone
There is a separate app that YouTube has made for children which is called YouTube kids. This version of YouTube does not entertain any adult content.
- Step-1: Open Google play store and search for YouTube Kids.
- Step-2: Now download and install it.
- Step-3: Once that is done, open the app and finish the initial setup.
Method-3: Sign out of your Google Account in the YouTube app
Watching adult content on YouTube requires you to sign in. This would mean that if you sign out of your Google account, then you will not be able to access the adult content.
- Step-1: In the app, tap on the profile icon.
- Step-2: Select the Turn on Incognito option, which will sign out your Google Account.
- Step-3: if you try to access an adult video, it won’t allow you to do so.
Method-4: Block Specific Accounts in the YouTube App
In case if there is a certain channel that you don’t like, then you block them. Instead of blocking all of the age-restricted videos on YouTube, you can block specific channels.
- Step-1: search for the channel which you want to block and open it.
- Step-2: Tap on the three-dot menu button.
- Step-3: From the menu, select Block user which will essentially block that channel.