One of the best music streaming sites you can go on to get the latest music and stay on top of upcoming and new artists is SoundCloud. You also get to upload your songs, audio files, and audiobooks to listen to for free, besides listening to music. Plus, it’ll display suggested new content on your account based on your tastes, and you can listen to podcasts too if you tell SoundCloud the music genres you like.
No commercial interruptions as you’d find in YouTube, Deezer, and other music streaming sites and apps for free listening are present in this and this is the best part.
It’s free, if you’re a registered user !) You can soothe your senses by streaming unlimited music. But what to do if you like a song and desire to download it? SoundCloud doesn’t allow songs to download, it allows only streaming and sharing.
To answer all confusions related to the platform Soundcloud, we have collected some of the questions people look around on the internet and tried.
How to delete a Soundcloud account?
Through SoundCloud’s mobile app for the iPhone and iPad, your account cannot be deleted. So you’ll need to use the web interface to access that option. By clicking the Revoke Access button next to connected apps under the Connected Applications heading in the Connections section, you should remove connected apps before deleting a SoundCloud account.
To delete your account, do the following:
- Step 1: Visit SoundCloud.com using your computer. Log in to the service using your existing account credentials.
- Step 2: From the upper-right corner, now click the three dots and choose Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Now you will reach the Settings page (or, navigate there directly). Click the Delete account link at the bottom, under the Account heading.
- Step 4: By selecting one or more pre-populated answers, if you want, you may now optionally tell SoundCloud why you’re leaving the service. By selecting the box next to “Yes, I want to delete my account and all my tracks, comments and stats” and hit the orange Delete my account button at the bottom, confirm your account deletion.
- Deleted accounts go into a queue. And in due time it gets removed from the servers.
How to cancel SoundCloud go?
- In a web browser, go to http://soundcloud.com. Open your preferred web browser. Go to the official Soundcloud website.
- Tap Sign in and then log into your account. With your email address and password, or login using Google or Facebook, log in to Soundcloud.
- Click Dot. It’s the three-dot icon next to the envelope icon, in the top-right corner of the page. This opens a drop-down menu.
- Click Subscription. It’s above “Settings”, near the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Press Edit that is positioned next to Soundcloud Go+. It’s under the “Current plans” heading, at the top of the page.
- Click Cancel Plan. It’s the small text, below your current plan details at the bottom of the page.
- Click Confirm and cancel the plan. It’s under the “New Plan” section as an orange button. A message that explains that your subscription to Soundcloud Go will now end after the current billing cycle will be displayed by this.
- Click Ok, got it. It’s in the middle of the page as an orange button. You’ll be now returned to the Subscriptions page. Here you will still be able to see your Soundcloud Go + subscription, but it will now display an expiration date.
How to make a playlist on SoundCloud?
Making playlist on SoundCloud on a computer
- In a web browser, open SoundCloud.
- By either searching with the search bar or finding a trending or recommended track on the SoundCloud homepage, locate the song (or podcast) you want to put on a playlist. For podcasts, which can be added to playlists as well, SoundCloud is a popular platform.
- There is a small list of options icons beneath each track. For “More”, tap the ellipses icon. Then click “Add to playlist.”
- By clicking “Add to playlist”, either add the track to an existing playlist or to name and create a new playlist, click “Create a playlist”, then click “Save.”
You can find your playlist and open it by going to your profile and clicking the “Playlists” button after you make your playlist. It’ll be right below your avatar.
Making a playlist on the SoundCloud app
- From the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, download the SoundCloud app if you haven’t already, and sign in.
- Find the song which you desire to add to a playlist. You can discover one on the SoundCloud app’s home screen or search for the track.
- Find the ellipses icon when you’ve located the track, or while playing it. Tap it. Then select “Add to playlist.”
The recently created playlist will automatically be set to private on iOS. On the playlist page, you can change the playlist to the public. On Android, when you create a new playlist in the app, you’ll be given a choice whether to make the playlist public or private.
How to upload an album to SoundCloud?
On any browser on your PC, log in to your account on Soundcloud.com. Follow the steps below to change your playlist to an album.
- Step 1: Tap on your Profile name tab in the tab bar at the top of the screen and then click, besides the Notification (bell) icon on the Playlists option in the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: All your playlists will appear on the next screen. Select the playlist in which you have uploaded your songs and you wish to convert them to an album.
- Step 3: Then Press on the Edit icon positioned below the playlist image.
- Step 4: Type “Tab” below the link of your playlist on the next screen tap on the Playlist. Then tap on the Album option in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Step 5: Then for your tracks and album on Soundcloud, you can edit the following information.
- Under the Basic info tab, you can add tags, genre, title, description and privacy of the track. You can also edit your album link. Also, it is mandatory to add a release date.
- Under the Tracks tab, the tracks that you don’t keep in the album can be deleted.
- Under the Metadata tab, you set the license type for your album and you can add a Buy-link, record label.
Click on the Save button at the bottom-right corner of the information box, after you’re done adding the details for your track.
How to get verified on SoundCloud?
If you meet SoundCloud’s criteria, you can get your SoundCloud profile verified. Your listeners will know they’re listening to the real deal when they play your tracks, with the help of the little blue tick.
To apply for SoundCloud verification you must meet the following requirements:
- A well-known and/or highly searched-for label, collective, artist, DJ, curator or podcaster is represented by it.
- The unique presence of an artist, label, DJ, collective, curator or podcaster must be that. Fan accounts or impersonators are not verified by us
- It must have a profile photo, bio, and at least one track uploaded
Step to apply for verification:
- On a desktop, log into SoundCloud.com (not a mobile device). Navigate to the settings section.
- Simply click the “request verification” option from there.
- To see if your request has been granted, check back periodically.
How to change the name on SoundCloud?
Change Via Website:
- On the SoundCloud website, sign in to your account.
- Tap the profile image in the top-right corner, next to your username. Then click “Profile.”
- Tap “Edit” below your profile’s header, next to the pencil icon.
- Make any needed changes to your profile URL and SoundCloud display name. Then click “Save changes.”
Change Via Soundcloud App
- In the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, download the SoundCloud app and sign in to your account. For changing your display name, the user interface will be nearly identical in the Android and Apple versions of the SoundCloud app.
- Tap the library icon in the bottom row of options on your screen, in the Sound cloud app.
- From the top-right corner, tap your profile image icon.
- iPhone users will see “Your profile” at the top. Tap it and then tap “Edit profile.” Tap the pencil icon next to “View public profile”, on Android. Some profile settings are only available to SoundCloud Go+ users and SoundCloud’s paid subscription tier.
- Change your display name according to your wish. Then tap “Save” to finalize it.
Also Check:How To Delete Google Account Permanently
How to embed SoundCloud in WordPress?
It is a good idea to host them outside your server when you have a large number of audio files. It will not only help to reach out to a broader audience but also help to improve the page loading speed of your site.
Get Embed Code for Playlist
Select the playlist you wish to share on your WordPress site. The list of the tracks added to the playlist will be visible to you. Just click on the “Share” button”. Here, you can also disable or enable playlist shuffling.
A popup screen offering three options for sharing will be there – Share, Embed and Message. Go to the “Embed” tab. Choose the display design. Then get the embed code for your WordPress site. A shortcode supported only for WordPress.com users is there in SoundCloud. To get the shortcode for your WordPress.com site, choose the checkbox “WordPress code”.
The embed code for WordPress.com users will look something like below:
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/299620824″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
Scroll down to the screen. To change the colour, click on the “More options”. Then enable or disable autoplay of your playlist.
Embed Code for WordPress.org Users
Ensure to disable the “WordPress code” checkbox and get the embed code, if you have a self-hosted WordPress.org site then. It must be a iframe code like shown below:
<iframe width=”100%” height=”450″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”no” src=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/playlists/299620824&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true”></iframe>
How to make SoundCloud private?
So, it isn’t possible to make your profile completely private with the current version of SoundCloud. This means that a certain level of information will always remain public in such a way that anyone who visits your profile can see it. Things like your profile description, as well as followers, website links, reposts, and comments are included in this.
Make Individual Tracks Private
You can easily change your privacy settings if you are adding a new song to your playlist or uploading a new track. Sign in to your SoundCloud account. Go to the track that you want to change to private.
A new page will come up and click on the ‘edit option. Find the ‘basic info’ section. Then choose the bubble next to ‘private’. To make that track private, don’t forget to save your changes. That’s all you need to do.
Make More Than One Track Private on SoundCloud
You don’t have to make your tracks private one at a time. SoundCloud can help you edit your privacy settings, and thus make numerous tracks private at the same time. For this, you need to sign in to your SoundCloud account and at the right of the navigation bar, you’ll find the ‘upload’ button. Click that.
Your tracks page will appear. You can choose the tracks whose settings you want to alter, from here. Click the ‘edit button. And from the dropdown menu that will appear, select ‘privacy and tags’. Click the bubble next to private in the ‘basic info’ section of the edit page, so that you can save changes to more than one track at the same time.
Make Playlists Private
Don’t worry. It’s easy and super simple to make playlists private in your SoundCloud account. First, you have to sign in to your SoundCloud account. From the navigation bar, select the ‘library’ button.
After you have completed this, you can select the playlist tab on the new page that will appear. Select the playlist whose settings you are attempting to change. On the edit page, find the ‘basic info’ tab, and to make your playlist private, choose the bubble next to private.
Keep in mind that, any SoundCloud user that is not logged into your account won’t be able to see them if your playlist is public, but the tracks on the playlist are private. So, make the playlist itself private and share the unique link with chosen recipients, to make the tracks within the playlist public.
Private Sharing on SoundCloud
SoundCloud is the only music streaming platform out there that offers a feature called private sharing, which is one thing that you’re going to like about using it. With this feature, through a secret link, you can share your tracks privately with selected contacts.
This is just among ways how SoundCloud gives its creators ultimate control over how they share original work. You can even get feedback on brand new tracks before you have officially released them with the help of this way. To retain control over how your tracks get shared and who they get shared with, it’s a great way.
How to download SoundCloud songs?
KlickAud is one of the best free SoundCloud downloaders. This online tool is updated frequently with new features and fixes and it allows you to download music in MP3 format. There’s also a mirror available as a backup if it’s experiencing any temporary downtime.
Using KickAud is very straightforward. An album art that will appear in your media player will be included in the downloaded track. Here’s how to do it:
- From SoundCloud, copy the URL of your selected track.
- Paste it in the URL box on KickAud.
- Click ‘Download’. Just wait a few seconds for it to process.
- Click ‘Download the Song’.