Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application developed by a non-profit technology consortium, the XBMC Foundation. With a software 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls, Kodi is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms.
How to update Kodi?
Update Kodi on Android
Open the Google Play Store. Search for Kodi, and open it. It will show an “Update” button if there is any new update available. Tap on it. Then the Play Store will start updating Kodi. That’s it.
Update Kodi on iOS/Mac/Linux
The process involved in updating Kodi for Linux/ios/mac is the same as installing it.
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Devices Management. Open your Apple ID profile
- To trust the new Kodi app, click Trust
Update Kodi on firestick:
- Click Settings -> Device -> Developer options -> Apps from Unknown Sources & turn it on
- Go back to the home screen -> Type Downloader
- Click Get to download. Install the Downloader application
- To launch the application, Click Open
- For the application, Click Allow allowing access
- On the welcome window, click OK
- Scroll down. Click the Android icon
- From the release section, Click ARMV7A (32BIT). On your device, the Kodi installation file will be downloaded
- Click INSTALL on the download is finished
Update Kodi on Windows
- For the download page of Kodi, click the URL https://kodi.tv/download
- Scroll down. Click the Windows icon
- Click INSTALLER (64BIT). On your computer, the Kodi installation file will be downloaded
- Click on the file to execute it when the download is complete
- Click Next seen In the welcome screen
- Click I agree, in the license agreement screen
- Leave all the components checked, in the choose components screen and then click Next
- Select the destination folder. Click Next
- Asking you if you want to overwrite the previous installation, A popup appears. Click Yes and then click OK.
- If you don’t want to create one and click Install, select a start menu folder, or create a new folder, or check Do not create shortcuts
- Wait for the installation to finish. Click Finish
How to install Kodi?
Install on android:
Installing from the Google Play Store is the easiest way is to install it:
- To the Google Play Store for the Kodi app, click this link to go
- Click Install
Install Kodi on Roku:
Kodi is a C/C++ application that is not yet supported by Roku. An official Kodi app for Roku isn’t launched because of this. Yet, however, through CASTING KODI ON ROKU, there are still ways to install Kodi on Roku. When you follow the guide as is, step by step, setting up Kodi on Roku is pretty simple.
Here is what you need to do, to install Kodi on Roku streaming Ultra, stick, Express or Premiere device and watch your favourite TV shows and movies on your TV screens:
- From your Roku remote, press the Home button
- Click on Settings. Select System Update to confirm (for the latest Roku version.)
- Go to Settings > Screen Mirroring. Select Enable Screen Mirroring. Finally, press OK
- Now Pick up your Android/Windows device. Follow our device guides below.
First, make sure Roku 4,3 or 2 and your PC/Android device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network, to get Kodi on Roku. To activate screen mirroring on Roku 4,3, or 2, here is what you need to do:
- Press Home screen from your Roku remote,
- Now go to Settings > System. Select Screen Mirroring
- To activate, select the “Always Allow” option
- To enable Screen Mirroring on PC/Android/Android TV, follow the below guidelines.
Install Kodi on windows:
- You can download Kodi directly from the official Kodi.tv site if the Microsoft Store isn’t available in your area.
- Click the download icon in the top right-hand corner from the main website, and scroll down to the ‘Choose your weapon’ section. Click on the Windows icon from there.
- Download the 32-bit installer or you’ll be given the option to download from the Microsoft Store (see above). A popup will automatically launch as soon as you’ve finished downloading the app if you choose to download the installer.
You’re able to launch the latest version of Kodi for Windows when your setup is complete.
Install Kodi on Samsung smart tv
With the aid of the streaming media player, Chromecast, this is a quite easy way for installing Kodi on your smart TV. Therefore, you will require to have some additional software applications like Kodi itself, Chromecast, Chromecast app as well as Google Home app, to achieve a successful installation.
Therefore, to have Kodi on your Smart TV, make sure you follow the outlined steps below for you:
- First of all, make sure that your phone, as well as the Samsung TV, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Thereafter, by following the steps below, ensure that Kodi is installed on your smartphone.
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- In the search bar, search for the Kodi app.
- To have Kodi installed on your phone, click on Install.
You can now follow the steps above again and install the Chromecast app, now that you have Kodi installed on your phone.
- Next, follow the procedure in step 2. Install Google Home app.
- Launch the Chromecast app on your phone, when all the necessary apps are installed on your phone.
- To your Smart Samsung TV, connect your Chromecast stick.
- Now open the Google Home app. From the font menu, click on the Cast Screen/Audio option.
- On your Smart TV, Now you will be able to see your phone’s screen. Therefore, at your own liking, you are free to open Kodi and stream Movies and TV shows.
How to install fusion on Kodi?
Fusion has been one of the most popular third-party add-ons on Kodi has been Fusion. But some time ago, the repository managing it was banned. This meant that the add-on was unavailable on their Kodi app.
To install Fusion on Kodi, given below is a step by step guide.
- At the top left of your Kodi home screen, navigate to the settings cogwheel.
- Select the System settings
- From the vertical menu bar, Navigate to the Add-ons tab.
- Click on the Unknown sources
- To confirm that you wish to allow Kodi addons from unofficial sources, click on the Yes button.
- You can return to the previous menu, as the Unknown source is enabled now.
- Select the File manager
- Click on the Add source function
- Under the Enter, the paths, click on the field that displays <None> or browse for the media locations
- Input http://fusion.tvaddons.coand using the on-screen keyboard. Then press the OK
- Under the Enter, a name for this media source, click on the bottom input box
- Input fusion using the on-screen keyboard. Then press the OK
- From the bottom of the windows, click on the OKbutton.
- Now you can return to your Kodi home screen, as the fusion source is added.
- From the vertical menu bar, navigate to the Add-ons tab.
- From the right side of the screen, click on the Addon Browser (box icon)button.
- Click on the Install from zip file
- From the listing, select the fusion source.
- Choose begin-here
- Then Select program.indigo-x.x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
How to install covenant on Kodi
A popular Kodi add-on that provides all kinds of audio-visual content for endless entertainment is Covenant. In a step by step manner, we will tell you how to install it in your Kodi for Android.
First, you must download the extension to install the Covenant add-on on Kodi for Android. From the green Download button below, you can download it. Now the installation of add-ons from unknown sources must be enabled by you. Go to Kodi’s Home To do this. Press the button that grants access to the settings.
Entering the System section within these settings is the next step.
- Search for the Add-ons entry in the side menu and click it to access all its options
- Tap on Unknown sources.
- Kodi will ask if you really want to do this through a pop-up window. Agree by clicking on Yes.
- It is time to go back to the Home screen after we have the app ready to install add-ons from unknown sources. Select Add-ons from the left side menu.
- Click Install from the zip file, among all the options available in the upper part of the interface.
- A file browser that will let you browse through all your directories will be opened as an effect of this action. The folder where you have stored the Covenant ZIPFind must be found. Once found, click it.
- A notification indicating that the add-on has been successfully installed will be received by you after a few seconds.
- Now, all need to search through your list of installed add-ons where the Covenant add-on will be ready for use.
How to install Phoenix on Kodi:
First, you have to install Fusion on Kodi. Then install the Phoenix addon. To install Phoenix on Kodi, follow the step by step procedures.
- Step 1: First you have to open the Kodi App on your device, to Install Phoenix on Kodi.
- Step 2: From the top left corner of the screen, select the Settings option located. In that Settings select the File Manager.
- Step 3: Select the Add Source option in the File Manager. A box will appear on the screen in that you can see the option <None> select it, after selecting the option.
- Step 4: Enter the given URL EXACTLY, in the selected location, http://fusion.tvaddons.ag. Click the Done button after entering the URL.
- Step 5: Now enter the name of the media Souce. Type as Fusion. Click the Ok Button.
- Step 6: Get back to the homepage of the app. Select the System and Add-ons in that. Then from the Zip file, click the Install option.
- Step 7: Now select the Fusion option on the screen. Click the Select Kodi-repos. Next select English in the category.
- Step 8: Here the repository of the file .xbmchub-x.x.x.zip must be selected by you. Then click the install option.
- Step 9: Wait till you receive the notification stating Addon enabled. From the repository, now click the install button.
- Step 10: Click on the TV ADDONS. Ag Addon Repository to get installed, where you have to select the Video Add-ons.
- Step 11: Finally, select the Phoenix addons on your device. Click the Install button.
- Step 12: Then wait till the addon gets to install on your device. You can experience the features of Phoenix after you receive the notification.
How to install sportsdevil on Kodi?
The very best in sports add-ons for New Zealand sports fans is SportsDevil for Kodi. With it, users can watch many Live Sports and Live IPTV sports channels.
On how to add SportsDevil to Kodi, here is the simple to follow steps.
- On your computer or your Amazon Fire TVStart Kodi Krypton 17.6. Then navigate to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the File Manager.
- Double click on Add Source.
- A box will appear after you have clicked Add Source. You need to enter the repos path here. In the box, enter http://kdil.co/repo/. Click OK. (CHECK Spelling)
- After you click OK, another box will open. Then you’ll be asked to name the media source. Type in Kodil(Check Spelling).
- The SportsDevil repo will be downloaded at this point. By hitting backspace a couple of times, navigate back to the main menu of Kodi. Then open the Add-ons menu.
- Click the open Package Installer (from the top-left of Kodi screen, open-box icon).
- Click to open Install from Zip file.
- From the listed options, select the Kodil.zip and click OK.
- The installation of the Kodi repository is begun by this. The installation takes a few seconds (depending on internet connection speed). A box confirmation will be shown.
- To the previous menu, navigate back. This time from the Repository option which sits above the Install from Zip file, select the Install.
- Click to open the Kodil Repository. Select Video Add-ons. Here you’ll see listed plenty of add-ons. Till you find SportsDevil, merely scroll down.
- From the next menu, click the SportsDevil icon. Then select Install.
- This will start the installation. You can just navigate to the Add-ons menu after it is installed. Then locate SportsDevil in the video add-ons section.
- Merely open the add-on. On your PC or Amazon Fire TV, then enjoy the Sports World with Sports Devil.
How to install Genesis on Kodi?
Genesis Reborn has been introduced as an updated version, with the shut down of Genesis. It has the biggest collection of movies and TV shows. Its contents frequently updated by the addon. It has channels listed under different genres, apart from the extensive catalogue of contents. They are further subcategorized into Years, Trending, People, Rating, Popular, etc. Users can easily search for videos to stream on the go with Genesis Reborn.
You need to make some changes in the settings, to install third-party addons on Kodi.
- Click on the Gear icon available next to the power button from the Kodi home screen.
- To further proceed, choose the System Settings tile on the next screen.
- From the left pane, select Add-ons. To turn it on, click on the slider next to Unknown Sources.
- To accept the end result of using a third-party addon on Kodi, on the warning prompt, you should click on Yes.
How to cast Kodi?
The name of Google’s screen-casting protocol available on Android, as well as a standalone device made by this same company, is Chromecast’. So, let’s clear up this doubt. To those who DON’T HAVE Google’s Chromecast, this method applies (as a standalone device). Instead, you are having a TV that comes along with Chromecast built-in.
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Look for ‘Connected Devices,’ ‘Screen Sharing,’ or a similar option.
- You should now look for an option called ‘Cast.’ Tap on this menu.
- Now, your phone must search for compatible devices. Select your TV.
- You should see your Android screen on your TV after a few moments.
- Feel free to open Kodi. Then using your phone, play its contents on your TV.