Pinterest (NYSE: PINS) became a great business to own, over the course of 2020. In 2020, the stock was up 250%, which will be a wonder to investors who saw Pinterest’s stock start the year being considered an overvalued stock which was then selling well under its IPO price. As the pandemic hit full force in March, things only became worse. On March 1 7, 2020, Pinterest dove to an all time low of $10.10.
Who owns Pinterest?
The CEO of Pinterest is extremely young and received approximately 150 million clicks. We can say that the founder and current CEO, Ben Silbermann is the person who owns Pinterest. He was born to a doctor’s parents and raised in Iowa. Ben is also a doctor with two sisters. He studied at Yale and took a completely different path for himself. The young entrepreneur told his life story and how he founded Pinterest and also explained important things about how to establish a successful company in the long run in a speech he gave in Salt Lake City around March 2012.
How does Pinterest make money?
Through its advertising network which includes Promoted Pins, Pinterest makes money. Its revenues are comparable to Snapchat’s but not as massive as Facebook or Instagram.
How to sell on Pinterest?
We’ve already covered that to plan out purchases and research products, 89% of US pinners on the platform are using it specifically. But that’s not all you need to know. Just to shop, nearly half of all users are logging onto the site.
Forty-seven percent to be exact. That is approximately 150 million new customers buying your products. So find your target audience, bring your products in front of the audience and wait for those dollar signs to begin rolling in, right?
Of course, it’s not quite that easy. The following section is the procedures you need to take before you begin selling on Pinterest.
Brief steps to start selling on Pinterest
- Create an Online Store
- Set Up a Pinterest Business Account
- Link Your Online Store to Pinterest
- Create and Organize Pinterest Boards
- Use Product and Buyable Pins
- Promote Your Pins
- Get Your Pins Noticed
- Analyze Your Performance and Test
How to Deactivate a Pinterest account?
To take a pause from Pinterest, deactivate your account. Your profile and boards won’t be visible on Pinterest anymore when you deactivate your Pinterest account. Just log in to reactivate your account, if you change your mind.
You can deactivate your account in your Pinterest settings if you have a business account.
Keep in mind that deactivating your account will not free up the username or email address. Edit your settings instead of deactivating, if you want to make changes to your username or email address.
- Log into your Pinterest account
- To open your menu, click the directional chevron down icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Settings
- Click Account settings from the left-side navigation
- Under Account changes, click Deactivate account
- Click Next
- Tell us why you’re leaving then click Deactivate account
Go to your profile URL to make sure your account’s no longer active. Don’t log back into your account to check if it is still active, because doing so will reactivate your account.
How to Close a Pinterest account?
To permanently remove your information from Pinterest, close your account. You will not be able to get your Pins or boards back if you are deleting your account permanently.
You may need to contact us for assistance if you want to permanently close a business account that you’ve used to create ads on Pinterest. Keep in mind, ensure you don’t have any ongoing spend and you’ll need to pay any outstanding bills before we can help you close your business account.
Your public profile will be deactivated immediately When you close your account, but it will take 14 days for your account to be permanently closed. Log in with your email and password, if you change your mind before the 14 days are up, and we’ll send you a link to reactivate your account.
- Log into your Pinterest account
- To open your menu, click the directional chevron down icon in the top-right corner
- Select Settings
- Click Account settings from the left-side navigation
- Under Account changes, tap Close account
- Tell us why you’re leaving then click Next
- To receive an email to close your account, click ‘Send email’.
To confirm that you want to close your account, check the email address associated with your Pinterest account.
How to get followers on Pinterest?
- Know your target audience
You must know your business’s target audience before you start these steps to success. Your efforts to grow followers may cause more harm than good if you don’t know who you’re trying to reach.
- Fill out your Pinterest profile completely
Make sure your profile is crystal clear on what you offer, to entice Pinners to follow.
- Set your Pinterest featured boards
You’ll see something called Featured boards, at the bottom of the Edit profile tab. With a rotating showcase of your best ideas, featured boards welcome visitors to your Pinterest profile. Your featured boards automatically change out and sit at the top of your profile. And you decide how to introduce yourself!
- Verify your site and add Rich Pins
Be sure to claim your website on Pinterest, to boost trust. You’ll also gain the ability to enable Rich Pins and access to website analytics. Your profile picture will show up next to any Pins that come from your site, and on your profile, a small globe icon will appear next to your website URL.
- Create outstanding Pins
Your profile is now optimized but – by coming across your Pin in their feed or search results, most Pinners will find you! Be sure your Pins stand out in the sea of content and look great.
- Include keywords on your Pinterest boards and descriptions
You’ve got a keyworded profile and beautiful Pins. Now to get found! When Pinners search, the default recommendation is Pins. To use keywords on your profile and Pinterest boards, it’s important. But even more so on your Pins!
- Ask readers to follow you on Pinterest
To start building your Pinterest followers, tap into your current audience! Alert the email subscribers of your Pinterest profile. And ask them to follow you. On your website or blog, include a Pinterest follow button.
- Follow others
Pinterest is worth a try, even if it isn’t a “follow for following” platform. Follow your competitors’ followers. They might not only follow back, but you can view the type of content they like as well.
- Pin consistently
You are up to a great start by growing your Pinterest account. Keep it up! Pinterest often notifies us you must maintain a steady presence on Pinterest. And that doesn’t imply that you must live on Pinterest. Quite the contrary!
- Engage with Pins and Pinners
You can jumpstart your results by popping in now and then, while I stay very hands-off with Pinterest. By repinning and commenting on their Pins, engage with Pinterest users.
- Try group boards
Bonus tip: Group boards might gain you some followers, while not as effective as they once were. To Pinterest group boards that have a lot of repins and followers, ask to contribute. You can also begin your group board. Then invite a small number of colleagues to collaborate.
Also Check: Things you should know about Gmail
How to log out of Pinterest?
Logout Pinterest on the Web
- Step 1. First, go to the Pinterest official website and by entering your Login credentials, log into your account. (Probably you are already logged).
- Step 2. Just move your cursor towards the profile icon on the top right corner, when you are done surfing Pinterest and feeling like logging out from. Now, to go to your profile setting option, you need to click on this icon.
- Step 3. On the next page, just beside the bolt icon, you will see three dots on the top of the screen. So press on the three dots placed on the top middle of the screen. Just have a look at the below screenshot to locate the option more easily.
- Step 4. A list of options will get abruptly opened by clicking the option highlighted in the above screenshot. One of these options is Log Out. You need to click on this option, to log out of your Pinterest account.
Now you will be signed out of your Pinterest account, as sooner you click on the log-out button. Now you can log in to Pinterest again by going to https://www.pinterest.com/login/ and enjoy surfing Pinterest!
Log out of Pinterest on Android
- Step 1. I assume you are already signed in to your Pinterest account on your Android phone since you are willing to know the procedure to log out of your Pinterest account. If not, then sign out of your Pinterest account after entering your credentials.
- Step 2. Just tap on the profile icon at the top right corner of your android screen, when you are there on the homepage of your Pinterest account. I’ve grabbed a screenshot to help you locate the option easily. So have a look at the screenshot and tap the Profile icon.
- Step 3. On the next screen, you need to click the bolt icon found at the top right corner of the screen. Have a look at the screenshot below, to know how the bolt option looks like.
- Step 4. You will encounter a list of some setting options when you click on the bolt icon. Log out is the last option you see in the list. Have a look at the below screenshot.
- Step 5. Now just tap the logout button. In no time, you will be logged out of your Pinterest account. Now let’s see how we log out from Pinterest on the iPhone or iPad.
How to claim/verify a website on Pinterest?
- Log into Pinterest. Click on your profile pic in the right-hand corner. Choose “settings”.
- In the toll, you see “Claim Website”, scroll down until.
- Enter your website URL and click “claim website”.
- A box will pop up. Select the “Add an HTML tag” option. While leaving the window open, copy the code they provide.
- Open the backend of your Squarespace account, in a separate window.
- Go to “Settings”. Scroll down to “Advanced”.
- Click on “Code Injection”. Paste the copied code into the first option, the “Header”. Hit save.
- Go back to your Pinterest tab. Follow the prompts: click “next” followed by “submit”.
- Within 24 hours, you’ll receive a confirmation email – I received mine within 15 minutes!
How to find someone on Pinterest?
If you are looking for someone on Pinterest, and you already know who they are, it could not be easier to find someone on Pinterest. Select People from the drop-down, and simply enter their name or Pinterest username.
With your interest base, you can search on Pinterest. I meant you need to search for a person, pins, boards, Products pins, or your videos. Follow the steps below for how do you search on Pinterest?
- Log in to your Pinterest Account. Either Personal or business account.
- Tap the search bar next to the Pinterest logo.
- Type your desired words in the search bar.
- Select an option next to the search bar. You want to search either for a Pin, board, Person, or Product.
- After that, below the search bar on the Pinterest page, you will find your desired result.
How to block someone on Pinterest?
Block someone on Pinterest on Desktop
- Log in to Pinterest.com on a web browser.
- Go to the profile of the person whom you wish to block.
- On the upper left corner of their profile board, tap the three horizontal dots.
- Tap the Block button in the dropdown menu that appears.
- A message asking you whether to confirm this action or not will appear. To complete the process and block the user, tap Block again.
Block someone on Pinterest on the mobile app
- On your mobile device, open the Pinterest app.
- Visit the profile of the business or user you want to block.
- In the upper right corner of the profile, tap the three horizontal dots.
- Tap Block from the pop-up menu.
- Select Block again to confirm the action.
How to delete a Pinterest board?
Here’s what to do, to delete a Pinterest Board or Boards from desktop:
- Open Pinterest and go to your page
- Select the Board to be deleted
- Click Edit (pencil icon) on the far left
- Click the grey “Delete” button
- Confirm “Delete Forever“
How to upload pictures to Pinterest?
- After Registering on Pinterest, click the Plus Sign on the Pinterest App.
- Now Choose if you want to create a Pin you are selecting Pinn or Board.
- Select the Photo You want to upload. Then click Next.
- With the Image when someone sees your Image post i.e Title, Description, Web Destination(Web Address), now Enter the details which will be shown. Then Click Next.
- Go and then select Add, while Entering Web Address Click
- Now Click on Add Link. Complete your Complete
- You are required to select the board on which you want to pin the picture, after Entering details. If you don’t have one, you can create it by Clicking on Create Board and by Just Entering Title, and your Picture is then uploaded.
How to add a photo to Pinterest?
The following steps need to follow to upload your photos on Pinterest.
- Firstly, by entering your account credentials, sign in on Pinterest.
- A menu section will appear at the top after signing in to Pinterest. Click on the plus sign in it. Then select the Pin option.
- You will find the drag and upload image option here. From your computer, drag and upload your image into it.
- Then the title option will appear.
- Put a great title there. Then at the bottom, a description box will appear.
- Enter a description related to the image there. If you are having a website where you have inserted content related to images, those websites also will put the link of the site here so that people will get more opportunities to know about you.
- Then select the Pinterest board. Finally, publish your image on Pinterest.